Lead Teacher - Early Childhood
The Best Teachers Educate With Their Hearts, Not Just Their Minds - Now Hiring Teachers With Big Hearts!
Working at Creative Child Care is an opportunity to change lives. Our dedicated team of early childhood professionals genuinely cares about children and is enthusiastic about our work. Together we do what it takes to deliver the best early learning experiences and family support, so every child succeeds in school and in life. We are looking for energetic, friendly, and professional individuals with a heart for teaching. If you have a passion for working with children, are dedicated to providing the best education and care to your students, work collaboratively, and want to learn and grow, we want you to be a part of our team.
• AA or BS in Early Childhood Education or related field. Candidates with a CDA at a level 3 or above and college students who will graduate within 6 months of their hire date will also be considered.
• In compliance with all state education and licensing standards and can maintain validation of credentials for the position
• Must possess a strong work ethic including the ability to arrive at work on time.
• Must be able to grow in a fast-paced, progressive learning environment and be able to work as part of a team. This requires candidates to be open to new ideas, have a positive attitude, respect coworkers and the center’s Director and Assistant Director and communicate effectively.
• Should have a working knowledge of State licensing rules, Step-Up-To-Quality guidelines, Creative Curriculum and TSG (not mandatory).
• Must be able to work with children and their parents.
• Must be able to pass a background check and be willing to get certified in CPR and other related licensing classes.
Including but are not limited to:
• Supervision, care, and safety of all children in assigned class and throughout the center, as needed.
• Knowing and complying with ODJFS Licensing and SUTQ rules and regulations.
• Creating weekly lesson plans and preparing for daily activities
• Recognizing, valuing, and guiding the unique individuality of each child in the group and maintaining a warm, sympathetic, relaxed composure in which children may feel secure, content, and receptive to learning.
• Keeping developmental records which give descriptions and information regarding each child in the assigned group to identify how the child is progressing. This information is used to create individual goals for the child and provides details for discussion when conferring with parents.
• Attending staff meetings and professional development trainings
• Maintaining the basic orderliness of individual room and care of equipment.
Creative Child Care has 4 centers serving Columbus. All centers are open Monday through Friday from 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Work hours range from 30 to 40 hours per week. Some positions require opening the center at 6:00 am or closing the center at 6:00 pm.
Creative Child Care, Inc.(CCC) is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or give preferential consideration because of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, race, color, creed, religion, disability, ancestry, age, national origin, genetic information or veteran’s status in the employment of qualified persons. It is our policy to select the best-qualified persons available to fill staff positions. It is the policy of CCC to conform to both the letter and the spirit of the Federal, State, and local civil rights laws. This pertains, but is not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, reasonable accommodation, and termination of employment.